Slide Join Us Contribute Join Us Contribute

Gerakan In The News

Gerakan: Where are the charges against dirty cops, other enforcement personnel?

Jul 28, 2021

GEORGE TOWN: Gerakan has urged authorities to come clean and reveal the status behind the investigations into several dirty policemen and other enforcement officers who were nabbed recently for alleged criminal practises.

Its vice-president Datuk Baljit Singh said authorities must explain to the people what was going on.

He said Malaysians have the right to know why it was taking a long time to prosecute the suspects.

He was referring to the case of 12 enforcement officers, including high-ranking policemen, the Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission (MACC) officers and a Deputy Public Prosecutor, who were arrested earlier this year for alleged links with an organised crime syndicate as well as last week’s incident where four policemen, including the Kajang police station chief (OCS), detained while partying away with four women in one of the rooms at the police station.

News reports have since revealed that the OCS was also tested positive for drugs.

“I hope the authorities will not sweep these cases under the carpet for whatever reasons.

“The offences committed by those involved in these two cases which I highlighted cannot be taken lightly if we are to protect the integrity of our enforcement agencies,” he said today.

The practicing lawyer said until now, not a single person has been charged with anything in both cases.

Elaborating, Baljit said he wante to say that Malaysians were shocked when it was reported that 12 enforcement officers, including high ranking policemen, MACC officers and even a DPP were arrested for allegedly having links with an organised crime group.

“However, I thought better of it as I don’t think anything will surprise, let alone shock, Malaysians any more. We have seen mind boggling things happening in the country for so long that I believe many of us have become too numb to be shocked by anything, anymore.

“I wish to highlight that it has been over one week since the party at the Kajang police station was busted, and three months since the 12 enforcement officers with links to the Gang Nicky crime syndicate were arrested.

“However, not a single one of those implicated have been charged with anything. All we had were stories about them being remanded and released within days after they managed to contest their detention orders,” he added.

Baljit said on March 30, former Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Abdul Hamid Bador had revealed that 34 public sector personnel, including from the police force, were believed to have had a role in allowing Nicky, who is the Winner Dynasty Group founder to escape the Ops Pelican 3.0 dragnet to nab him.

He said, according to Abdul Hamid, the 33-year-old businessman was believed to have been tipped off on the impending raid by police and government agency officers including a DPP.

“It is a scandal of unbelievable proportions.” he said.