1. As the average Malaysian becomes more distressed with rising prices of basic essentials as well as the threat of a recession looming overhead, our elected representatives and families should not be let off the hook.
2. The time has come for a “show and tell” of national pride and loyalty to the ‘Jalur Gemilang.’
3. Ministers, deputy ministers and all those in public office must disclose the following:
* How much of funds from Malaysia has been remitted overseas.
* Who among these elected representatives and family members hold permanent residence (PR) status outside of Malaysia.
4. The rakyat are suffering due to the current economic situation while they watch helplessly the free-spending habits of our elected representatives and their family members. These reps seem to have deep pockets and do not have second thoughts about overseas holidays and living the high life both here and elsewhere.
5. In the interest of transparency and in solidarity with all their voters, elected representatives must come clean and state where their loyalties actually lie and which country’s economy they and their families are actually supporting.
6. Bank Negara Malaysia should step in and obtain foreign remittance transactions over the last 10 years of all elected representatives amd their family members.
7. By looking at a decade-long pattern of how those in public office (and family members) have been transmitting monies out of Malaysia, and if PR has been sought and obtained in other countries, the rakyat can make better voting decisions.
8. We no longer need politicians who are only good in giving lip-service and do not practise what they preach.
9. Dear Yang Berhormats
and all those who have and are serving in public office … please come forward and come clean about where your loyalties lie.
10. This country does not need any more entitled and tone-deaf leaders who are only intent on protecting their own rice bowls and uncaring to the sufferings of the rakyat.
Gerakan Vice President