1. Ahead of price hikes for basic necessities due to the removal of government subsidies, all elected representatives in the country should take pay cuts and sacrifice their allowances.
2. If there ever was a time for all Malaysian members of Parliament and state assembly men, irrespective of political affiliation to be in solidarity with the people, it is now.
3. Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, his cabinet ministers, deputy ministers, MPs and state assemblymen must step up their game and give back to the people.
4. Even chairmen of government-linked companies and other political office-holders should not be spared.
5. It is not right for the rakyat to suffer alone, while elected representatives continue enjoying perks like full salaries, hefty allowances and generous overseas travel budgets at this time.
6. These so-called leaders need to put their money where their mouths are and the only way is to lead by example.
7. All the money saved from salaries and allowances must be channelled back to the people, before it is too late and we are plagued with social ills and further hardship.
8. The issue here is certainly not about coming up with more supposed caring schemes in the form of handouts for certain segments of society.
9. The true worth and character of a nation are best reflected in times of crisis.
10. Since we are all together in this, let us show our care for one another in these trying times.